Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Crown Chakra

There are seven chakras in the body. They are the crown, the third eye, the throat, the heart, the solar plexus, the sacral, and the root.


Here we will be talking about the Crown Chakra. Here is its symbol:





Crown Chakra Information

Color: violet, white

Sanskrit Name: Sahasrara (thousandfold)

Physical Location: top of head

Gemstones: Diamond, Amethyst, Celestite, Obsidian, Selenite, Blue Opal, Blue Sapphire, Sugilite, Charoite, Peacock Ore, Danburite, Cacoxenite, Fuchsite, Stilbite, Petalite, Cavansite

Aromas: Lotus, Olibanum

Incenses: Lotus, Rose

Spiritual Lesson: spirituality, living in the NOW

Purposes: intuitive knowing, connection to one's spirituality, integration of the whole

Area of Body Governed: top center of the head, midline above the ears, the brain, the nervous system

Possible Physical Symptoms: Depression, Scattered, Genetic Disorders, Bone Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Sclerosis

Emotional Imbalances: Apathy, Depression, Bigoted, Argumentative, Closed, Inability to Learn, Unsocial

Achieved State: Bliss - Oneness






Crown Chakra Affirmations

1. I am truth, freedom, love and beauty.

2. I allow the light to dissolve away any barriers to my receiving Divine wisdom and guidance.

3. I release all fears about listening to my Higher Self, God, my angels and spirit guides.

4. I know that I am safe as I follow my inner spiritual guidance.

5. I allow this guidance to lead me to beautiful opportunities where I share my true nature as a powerful, loving, spiritual being.

6. I listen, I trust, I take guided action.

7. My crown chakra projects inspiration.

8. I am open and receptive to all life.

9. Love is eternal.

10. Love makes me free.

11. I am willing to go beyond my limitations to express and experience greater joy.

12. I am always willing to take the next step in my life.

13. I am divinely protected and guided.

14. I am safe and all life loves and supports me now.

15. Love surrounds me, protects and nourishes me.

16. I go beyond limiting beliefs and accept myself totally.

17. I acknowledge that the source of love is within me.

18. I am willing to be responsible for the quality of love and joy I have in my life.

19. The more love I give the more there is to receive.

20. I am open to the goodness and abundance of the Universe.

21. I focus on the crown of my head. I see white light full of color. I am open and receptive. I feel my connection to the Infinite. I am whole.






The Crown Chakra Meditation
This mediation was taken from this site: http://www.think-aboutit.com/Spiritual/CrownRootChakraMeditation.htm

1. Sit comfortably in a chair with your feet flat on
the floor (or sit in your usual meditation position,)
your back upright, and your hands turned upward on
your lap.

2. Begin a gentle three-part breathing technique.
First breathe into your belly, completely relaxing
your belly and allowing it to expand. Then breathe
into your abdomen, allowing it to expand. Then breathe
into the top of your lungs, allowing full expansion.
Pause for a count of three while your lungs are full
of air. Breathe out from the top of your lungs, from
your abdomen, and from your belly and pause for a
count of three before you breathe in again. Repeat
this breathing pattern for two to five minutes,
allowing you to relax. Let this deep, gentle breathing
pattern relax your body, relax your nervous system and
calm your mind.

3. Sense your root chakra at the base of your spine,
moving down your legs, through the soles of your feet
and deep into the earth. Remember that your root
chakra is built for this. It has its own intelligence,
and when released, it will seek to connect to the
center of the earth of its own accord.

4. Continue the three-part breathing technique. Now
breathe up through your root chakra, allowing your
breath to carry all of the goodness that nourishes and
refreshes you, up from the earth through your root
chakra and into your body.

5. Began to also breathe into your crown chakra,
drawing inspiration, grace, intelligence and vision
down from the heavens. Continue breathing in from your
root, breathing into your crown, and allow your breath
to gently begin to focus upon your heart chakra.

6. Center your awareness in your heart chakra. As you
breathe in from your root and crown, allow your breath
to carry the energy of the earth and the energy of the
heavens into your heart. Continue this 3-part
breathing and allow your heart to fill with this love
and energy. Intend that your heart become filled and
eventually overflowing with what you draw from the
heavens above and from the earth below. Know that you
are deeply connected to heaven and earth, and that all
is supporting you and flowing through you.

7. Ask now that your Higher Self/Soul/Spirit help you
to see the next step on your path to greater
awakening. Invoke your Higher Self to help you to send
out a magnetic wave of attraction. This wave will move
out from you like ripples across a pond - arranging
and attracting people, resources, places and
synchronicities that are perfectly attuned to your
next place of consciousness.

8. Release all expectation of how this help will come.
In place of expectation, choose deep receptivity.
Allow a shift in your perceptions so that what you
see, hear, feel and know shifts more into alignment
with the truth that God intends good for you. By
allowing your perceptions to shift, you will see these
good opportunities, rather than pass them by. Be aware
that sometimes the greatest opportunities come first
in the form of the mustard seed, rather than the
mountain. Truly it is the power of your seed thoughts
and seed intentions that will grow most strongly - for
they are infused with the ability to channel the
powers of heaven and earth for your benefit.

This process, with practice, can be completed in 5 to
10 minutes. It is recommended that you do it each
morning and, if possible, each evening before going to
sleep. Experiment with it. Try this process for 21
days and notice the results. Keep a brief journal,
especially noticing the shifts in your perceptions.
You will see the people around you differently, the
opportunities around you will expand, the difficulties
will diminish and you will find yourself much more
able to harness the powers of heaven and earth for
expressing your own growth and goodness.


Visualizing the White Light
taken from this site: http://healing.about.com/od/chakraimages/ig/Chakra-Symbols/Crown-Chakra.htm

Visualize the white light coursing like a liquid through the crown chakra. Visualize white light coursing like a liquid through the third eye. Visualize white light coursing like a liquid through the throat chakra. Visualize white light coursing like a liquid through the heart chakra. Visualize white light coursing like a liquid through the solar plexus chakra. Visualize white light coursing like a liquid through the spleen chakra the sexual center. Visualize white light coursing like a liquid through the root chakra. Visualize your spiritual chakra centers as being a hollow infrastructure, then as each one fills up with liquid white light. The liquid white light coursing into that chakra and as it does use your awakening perception to inhale breath into that chakra.


Guided Crown Chakra Mediation Videos










Crown Chakra Links

http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/chakra7.htm
http://www.healer.ch/crownchakra.html
http://www.chakra-colors.com/Crown-Chakra/index.php
http://www.orderofthewhitelion.com/healing@/Chakras@/Crownchakra.html
http://www.spirit-alembic.com/crown.html


Crown Chakra Meditations

http://www.thereligiousproducts.com/chakras-meditation.html
http://www.anmolmehta.com/blog/2008/09/04/crown-chakra-meditation-tehcnique/
http://www.sibyllineorder.org/meditation/med_chakra.htm
http://www.meditationexpert.co.uk/MeditationChakras.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_2031441_practice-chakra-meditation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment