Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Sacral Chakra

There are seven chakras in the body. They are the root, the sacral, the solar plexus, the heart, the throat, the third eye, and the crown. Here is a chart of them:





In this discussion thread we will be talking about the sacral chakra.




Sacral Chakra Information

Sanskrit Name: swadhisthana

Physical Location: lower abdomen to the navel

Purposes: emotional connection

Color: orange

Incense: Gardenia, Sandalwood, Myrrh

Flower Essence: Hibiscus, Willow, Oak, Elm, Indian Paintbrush, Lady's Slipper, Rosemary, Juniper, Sandalwood, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang-Ylang

Gem/Crystal: Garnet, Orange Tourmaline, Peach Moonstone, Hematite, Coral, Amber, Citrine, Topaz, Fire Agate, Orange Spinel, Fire Opal;

Spiritual Lesson: creativity, manifestation. honoring relationships, learning to "let go"

Area of Body Governed: sexual organs, stomach, upper intestines, liver, gallbladder, kidney, pancreas, adrenal glands, spleen, middle spine

Physical Disorders related to the Sacral Chakra: Some of the physical disorders which might occur when this chakra is not functioning to its full potential are bladder and kidney disorders, circulatory problems, intestinal complaints, shallow or irregular breathing, low energy, disturbances of the central nervous system, migraines and dysfunction of the reproductive organs.

Balanced Energy at the Sacral Chakra: When this Chakra's energy is balanced you will be in touch with your own emotions and be trusting towards others.

Excessive Energy at the Sacral Chakra: Excessive energy here can cause you to become over-emotional, aggressive, over-ambitious, manipulative, over-indulgent and be obsessed with sex.

Deficient Energy at the Sacral Chakra: Deficient energy here can create feelings of over-sensitivity, timidity, resentment, distrust and guilt.






Sacral Chakra Affirmations

1. I release all my desires and appetites to the light. I release any fears or negative thoughts that keep me from knowing peace, harmony and balance.

2. All of my thoughts and emotions flow harmoniously. All of my desires are perfectly balanced.

3. I unconditionally love and approve of myself at all times.

4. I trust in my own perfection.

5. I am good enough to have what I want.

6. I release my negative attitudes which block my experience of pleasure.

7. It is safe to have life easy and pleasurable.

8. I allow pleasure, sweetness, and sensuality into my life.

9. I allow abundance and prosperity into my life.

10. I give myself permission to enjoy my sexuality fully.

11. I trust the Infinite Intelligence to give me everything I need for my growth
and development.

12. I am enough. What I do is enough. What I have is enough. Who I am and what I do is enough.

13. I open myself to the beauty, joy, and harmony of the Universe and I enjoy it.

14. I trust the process of life.

15. I love myself exactly as I am right now.

16. I am happy in my body and I express my sexuality freely.

17. I accept and acknowledge my sexuality. My physical health is strong and pure.

18. I deserve pleasure in my life.

19. I absorb information from my feelings.

20. Life is pleasurable.

21. I move easily and effortlessly.

22. I am in control of my own sexuality.






Sacral Chakra Meditation
By Wendy, Sibylline Priestess
http://www.sibyllineorder.org/meditation/med_chakra.html

Sit or lie comfortably. Start off by taking 3 long deep cleansing breaths. Just breathe in completely and exhale all the way out.

On your next inhale, just inhale all positive feelings. And exhale all stress and all tensions. Then just breathe in a comfortable manner for yourself. Just breathe in, concentrating on your breathing. Not thinking about anything but your breathing. Breathing slowly and fully – feeling your lungs expand and let go. Notice where your body touches the surface beneath you. Let that surface totally support your body now.

When you breathe in, relax into the surface and breathe out slowly – developing a rhythmic flow to your breath. Your body begins to relax more with each breath of air that pours into you. Feel the relaxation flowing into you each time you breathe in. And with each exhalation feel yourself blowing out the pressures and stresses of the day. Just breathe slowly and deeply, just resting behind the warm darkness of your eyelids. Breathe fully and evenly, let each new breath nurture you. With every breath you breathe in, you’re filling your body and mind with peace and serenity. With each breath you exhale, you’re letting go of all tightness, tension, and negativity.

Inhale, filling your body and mind with peace and serenity. Then exhale, letting go of all tightness, tension, and negativity. Continue breathing, not thinking about anything but relaxing. Listen and relax.

Now focus on your sacral chakra – just above your pelvic bone and below your navel. We’re moving up the spectrum of light to the orange wavelength - The color of oranges, of sweet potatoes. Imagine this vibrant orange light in front of you. Take 3 deep yogic breaths, inhaling this pulsating orange energy. With each inhale, feel the warm orange light fill your body and center on your sacral chakra. Feel your sacral chakra, just below your navel, energize with this vibrating orange light. Feel the light massage your sacral chakra, gently awakening it. After your third yogic breath, return to your normal, relaxed breathing pattern.
Continue to breathe in this invigorating orange light.

Once your sacral chakra has been filled, feel the orange light spread from your sacral chakra throughout your lower abdomen. Notice how your lower abdomen feels warmer now – energized with this vibrant orange light. When you awaken the sacral chakra, you will be able to affirm your sexuality and sensual nature and feel at home in your own body.




Color Breathing Exercise For Sacral Chakra

1. Center your awareness on the sacral chakra, an inch or two below your belly button. You'll feel it when you open up to it.

2. Imagine this point as a deep orange point of warm, glowing light.

3. Inhale deeply, and visualize the air as a thick, orange cloud being pulled into your body from your sacral chakra. Allow the breath to completely fill your lungs.

4. As your lungs fill, relax and allow the breath to begin rolling evenly outward. Continue to visualize the air as thick, orange, and full of warm energy.

5. Continue to breathe, allowing the air to fill your lungs and then roll slowly outward.

6. Remain mindful of your sacral chakra as a glowing point of orange energy.

7. Also be aware of the fact that your body is mostly water. Feel your weight settle beneath you, but also feel the freedom to shift your weight into any direction.



Sacral Chakra Meditation Videos













Sacral Chakra Links

http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/chakra2.htm
http://www.colourtherapyhealing.com/colour_therapy/chakras/sacral_chakra.php
http://www.orderofthewhitelion.com/HEALING@/Chakras@/Sacralchakra.html
http://kimbasangels.com/chakras.html
http://www.spiritualsexpert.com/chakra-balancing/sacral-chakra

Sacral Chakra Techniques & Meditations

http://healing.about.com/od/meditationadvice/a/chakra_meditate.htm
http://www.alternativeculture.com/spirit/chakras.htm
http://www.project-meditation.org/mt/chakra_meditation.html
http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles/healing/chakra-meditation-recharge.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment