Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Throat Chakra

This is a continuation on the chakra system discussion that focused on the heart chakra last time. This time we will be focused on an equally important chakra, the 5th chakra ~ the throat. This is the chakra which comes after the heart chakra, and one that Empaths often have a problem with. So lets look at it, shall we?

Here is the chakra system:






The throat chakra is the place that most Empaths have trouble with, because they can not articulate the word 'no' to anyone. We are consummate people pleasers. This forces us to stay our tongues and bite back the words we should be saying to the people who look to use and/or abuse us.

Here is the symbol for the throat chakra:





Throat Chakra Information:

Color - Blue, Smoke Gray

Sanskrit Name - vishuddha

Physical Location - throat, neck region

Purposes - learning to take responsibility for one's own needs

Gemstones - Chrysocola,Lapis, Blue Opal, Aquamarine, Turquoise, Tourmaline, Sodalite, Azurite, sapphire, Blue Lace Agate, Blue Tourmaline, Blue Quartz and Chalcedony

Flower Essences - Morning Glory, Cosmos, Trumpet Vine, Larch

Essential Oils - Lavender, patchouli

Incenses: Benzoin, Frankincense

Spiritual Lesson - confession, surrender personal will over to divine will, faith, truthfulness over deceit

Information Stored Inside Throat Chakra - self-knowledge, truth, attitudes, hearing, taste, smell

Area of Body Governed - throat, thyroid, trachea, neck vertebrae, mouth, teeth, gums, esophagus, parathyroid, hyperthalemus


Balanced - Good listener, resonant voice, good sense of timing and rhythm, clear communication, lives creatively

Physical Dysfunctions- sore throat, mouth ulcers, scoliosis, swollen glands, thyroid dysfunctions, laryngitis, voice problems, gum or tooth problems, TMJ

Mental and Emotional Issues - personal expression, creativity, addiction, criticism, faith, decision making (choices), will, lack of authority

HEALING STRATEGY: Learn communication skills, letter writing, inner child communication, practice silence (excessive), story telling, singing, chanting, toning, release voice, loosen neck and shoulders



Throat Chakra Affirmations:

1. I am the messenger.
2. I speak the sweet whispers of the heart.
3. I sing my song.
4. I speak my truth with clarity and courage.
5. I am the essence of sound vibration.
6. My throat is clear and open, my voice utters truthful words.
7. I willingly release all fears and negativity that block me from speaking my truth.
8. I lovingly speak my truth and allow my Higher Self to speak through me. I use my words to create beauty in this world.
9. I easily and gracefully express my deepest feelings and emotions.
10. I hear and speak the truth.
11. I express myself with clear intent.
12. Creativity flows in and through me.
13. My voice is necessary.
14. My throat chakra now radiates the balanced power that takes command over my four lower bodies and over the Earth.
15. I use the power of my throat chakra correctly.
16. I use the power of the spoken word for personal and world transformation.
17. I practice right speech.
18. I stand up for and speak the truth.
19. My throat chakra is balanced.
20. I am able to harness my will power to control addictive influences in my life.
21. I am ready to put my negative habits to one side and openly develop my
creativity.
22. I substitute love, joy, and creative expression for old patterns of addiction
and abuse.
23. I willingly give up (smoking, alcohol abuse, dope, overeating and unhealthy
dieting) to enhance my own creative gifts.
24. Love opens the door for me to feel whole and complete.
25. Everything I do is an expression of love.
26. It is now safe for me to express my feelings.
27. I love and trust my creative gifts.
28. It is now right for me to express the best of who I am now.
29. I release the fear and doubts which block the way to my creative expression.
30. I am confident in the healing power of love to open my throat for greater
self-expression.




Throat Chakra Guided Meditation
From “Working With Your Chakras” by Ruth White

Make sure that you are likely to be undisturbed ... find a comfortable position for your body . . . let it be balanced, but relaxed . . . close your eyes and be in touch with the rhythm of your breathing . . . enter your own inner space . . . there is no landscape, but you are surrounded by color . . . deep blues . . . aquamarines . . . and silver . . . . They give you a feeling of refreshment and lightness ... at first you absorb them . . . then you begin to dance gently . . . . As you do so, the colors move . . . ripple .. . and dance with you . . . . You feel lifted and then realize that you are floating with a great sense of safety and freedom . . . . It is as though the colors hold you and surround you and your body is as light as the colors themselves ... relax and give yourself up to the experience, until you find that you can float and fly, free as a bird in the air currents, dipping and gliding ... controlled ... yet light . . . . You discover that you can choose a color on which to float .... It may be one of the blues aquamarines . . . or silvers . . . It may be a different color which has come into your inner world ... let the world of color and the particular color of your choice, wrap itself around you ... go on a journey into color . . . maybe there is a boat in which to glide in this colored world ... or a large fantastic bird or magic carpet on which to ride . perhaps you just enjoy lightness, freedom and dance as you allow yourself to be carried along.... Eventually you come to a place of rest . . . there are silky, cushioning clouds of the color of your choice . . . . You relax into them and are still . . . all movement has ceased . . . there is a deep silence ... the most profound stillness you could ever have imagined, around you and within you. . . . You are centered, still and at one . . . Soon, with a clarity which could only come after such a silence, you hear a single beautiful note . . . pure, as though played on a magical flute, it comes from a distance . . . softly at first ... building up to a pleasant intensity . . . surrounding you . . . so that you are aware of all its tones, undertones and overtones.. . . It is a healing sound . . . it is around you . . . it is in your body ... it is in your being .... As you relax into it, change comes once more . . . you hear a whole orchestra of harmonious sounds, and you start to move again, on sound waves. . . . Let yourself be carried . . . moving from one to another . . . becoming part of a world of harmony . . . . You find that you are making a sound ... a rounded note, in your throat chakra . . . you sing it or sound it . . . it adds to the harmony around you and echoes back to you . . . . In this inner space you are capable of making a sound which you may not be able to make in the outer world . . . you know that you will remember it and be able to attune to it as your special healing sound. . . . When you are ready to return, your special color, bird, or boat will help you . . . . Travel back, until you come to the place where this journey began . . . . With your feet lightly in touch with the ground, the blue, aquamarine and silver colors surround you .. . gradually you return to the awareness of the rhythm of your breathing ... to the awareness of your body and its contact with the ground in your everyday world .... Visualize a cross of white light, in a circle of white light over your throat chakra and draw a cloak of light with a beautiful hood around you as you return.

About the Throat Chakra



Throat Meditations w/Music










Throat Chakra Links:
http://www.meditationdna.com/p/of-water-and-light/
http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/chakra5.htm
http://www.chakra-colors.com/Throat-Chakra/index.php
http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/Throat.htm
http://www.healer.ch/throatchakra.html

More Throat Chakra Meditations:
http://www.alternativeculture.com/spirit/chakras.htm
http://healing.about.com/od/meditationadvice/a/chakra_meditate.htm
http://www.vibrani.com/chakras.htm
http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Thank you so much for sharing! Namaste <3

    ReplyDelete