Here are some riddles that force you to change your perception to find the correct answer. Scroll down for the answers.
1. If there are five apples, and you take away three, how many do you have?
2. Lee's parents emigrated from China. They have five children. The first four are named La, Le, Li, and Lo. What did they name the fifth?
3. A red house is made from red bricks, a blue house is made from blue bricks, a pink house is made from pink bricks, and a black house is made from black bricks. What is a greenhouse made from?
4. The Spanish Civil War, which began July 17 of 1936, was fought between who?
5. In baseball, how many outs are there in an inning?
6. Do they have a Fourth of July in England?
7. A rancher has 33 head of cattle standing in a field, when suddenly a bolt of lightning kills all but 9 of them. How many head of cattle are left standing?
8. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute how many degrees will the hand move in one hour?
9. Due to a birth defect, a boy is born with 14 toes, 11 fingers, and 3 thumbs. How many fingernails does the boy have?
10. Some months have 31 days, and some months have 30 days. But how many have 28 days?
11. You're the pilot of an airplane that travels from New York to Chicago - a distance of 800 miles. The plane travels at 200 MPH and makes one stop for 30 minutes. What is the pilot's name?
12. If the Vice President of the United States died, who would be President?
13. John digs a hole that is 2 yards wide, 3 yards long, and 1 yard deep. How many cubic feet of dirt are in it?
14. Two U.S. coins are worth a total of $0.30, and one of them is not a nickel. What are the coins?
Keep going for the answers..........
4. Just Spain
6. Yes (just not a holiday)
11. Your Name
12. The President
13. 0 (no dirt in a hole)
14. A Quarter and a Nickel