In part 3 of the discussion on The Levels of Clairsentience, which is a continuation from The Levels Of Clairsentience Part 1 and The Levels Of Clairsentience Part 2, we will be looking at two different categories of feeler clairsentience, Emotional Projection and Emotional Absorption, and what exists below this level.
It is important to note, if it was not made apparent in the part 2 of this discussion, that within this list we will be looking not only at the extra sensory gifts that can arise out of the different categories, but also some of the psychological issues which can arise, as well. But this is in no way a complete list for either portion. Nor are the behavioral traits lists and quizzes that are offered up, a fullproof psychological means of diagnosing oneself.
In looking at this part of the chart, what one will find is that behaviors get progressively worse. Does this mean these are the only outcomes of Emotional Projection? No. These are the extreme cases, at both ends of the spectrum. At one end is Psychological Immaturity, which utilizes such ploys as Emotional Projection in order to feel secure and cope, because they lack the maturity to handle certain situations appropriately. And Empathic Healing, which is a form of Emotional Projection that can ease the emotional and sometimes physical suffering of others. And at the other end of the spectrum you find the three personality traits referred to as the dark triad, Machiavellianism, Narcissism, and Psychopathy (which is also referred to as Sociopathism or Sociopathy). There are many levels of all of these, and it should not be supposed, based on any of the quizzes or behavioral checklists, that one is definitively one or the other.
Emotional Projection occurs when a person's thoughts and/or emotions are ascribed onto another person or people. It can also be seen as a defense mechanism which occurs when a person's own unacceptable or threatening feelings are repressed and then attributed to someone else.
Empathic Healing is a powerful energy healing method that works to clear emotions which block the free flow of life energy in our bodies. Energy overload, too much pain, fear or anger to process creates blockages, which effects our physical, mental and emotional health. Empathic healing works with the empathic layer of psychic phenomenon, to help clear the emotional blockages which form in the body.
For the Psychologically Immature, defense mechanisms such as Projection are psychological strategies brought into play in order to cope with reality and to maintain self-image.
Narcissism is a pattern of traits and behaviors which signify infatuation and obsession with one's self to the exclusion of all others and the egotistic and ruthless pursuit of one's gratification, dominance and ambition.
The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, lack of empathy, as indicated by at least five of the following:
1. a grandiose sense of self-importance
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Machiavellianism is "the employment of cunning and duplicity in statecraft or in general conduct". It held that people were by nature untrustworthy, malevolent and self-serving, and thus those in power could only maintain their position through exploitative and deceitful actions. Machiavellianism is also a term used to describe a person's tendency to deceive and manipulate others for personal gain. Machiavelli Personality Test.
A Sociopath is a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others. The Anti Social Disorder Test
Emotional Absorption occurs when one person takes in the emotional energy of another person. Depending on the person and their motivational intent, Emotional Absorption can act as a cloning mechanism or as an ability which steals away the emotional energy, leaving the other person without that emotion.
Emotional Introjection is an unconscious internalization of aspects of the world (especially aspects of persons) within the self in such a way that the internalized representation takes over the psychological functions of the external objects. It can also be defined as a psychological defense mechanism involving appropriation of an external happening and its assimilation by the personality, making it a part of the self. In basic terms, it means to take on the emotional traits of others.
An Empath is a person who has an acute or highly developed sense of empathy. Empathy is the capability to share your feelings and understand another's emotion and feelings and is often characterized as the ability to "put oneself into another's shoes". It is said that the Empath has the ability to take in the negative emotional energy of others and transmute that energy, turning it into light energy which is then given back to the person the Empath is working with. The intentional offering back of that energy is one of the only thing that set the Empath apart from those termed as psychic vampires, which is defined in the next section of this discussion. Are You An Empath? Quiz
Vampirism (Subcategory Of Emotional Absorption)
Emotional Vampire is one who feeds upon the emotions of others to bolster their self-esteem and to gain attention. It is usually someone whose life revolves around drama and through guilt trips, negative comments, or by mere presence alone, tend to leave the other person feeling emotionally drained.
Energy Vampire is a person who seems to suck the energy of other people. This means, he has this unusual ability to draw energy from the people around him.
A Psychic Vampire/Psy Vampire/Psi Vampire is a modern-day vampire who feeds on the emotional energy of other people consciously, unconsciously or through a willing donor.
THE NARCISSISTIC VAMPIRE CHECKLIST
THE SMARTEST, MOST TALENTED, ALL-AROUND BEST PERSON IN THE WORLD TEST:
True or false? Score one point for each true answer.
1. THIS PERSON HAS ACHIEVED MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE HIS OR HER AGE.
2. THIS PERSON IS FIRMLY CONVINCED THAT HE OR SHE IS BETTER, SMARTER, OR MORE TALENTED THAN OTHER PEOPLE.
3. THIS PERSON LOVES COMPETITION, BUT IS A POOR LOSER.
4. THIS PERSON HAS FANTASIES OF DOING SOMETHING GREAT OR BEING FAMOUS, AND OFTEN EXPECTS TO BE TREATED AS IF THESE FANTASIES HAD ALREADY COME TRUE.
5. THIS PERSON HAS VERY LITTLE INTEREST IN WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE THINKING OR FEELING, UNLESS HE OR SHE WANTS SOMETHING FROM THEM.
6. THIS PERSON IS A NAME DROPPER.
7. TO THIS PERSON IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LIVE IN THE RIGHT PLACE AND ASSOCIATE WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE.
8. THIS PERSON TAKES ADVANTAGE OF OTHER PEOPLE TO ACHIEVE HIS OR HER OWN GOALS.
9. THIS PERSON USUALLY MANAGES TO BE IN A CATEGORY BY HIM OR HERSELF.
10. THIS PERSON OFTEN FEELS PUT UPON WHEN ASKED TO TAKE CARE OF HIS OR HER RESPONSIBILITIES TO FAMILY, FRIENDS, OR WORK GROUP.
11. THIS PERSON REGULARLY DISREGARDS RULES OR EXPECTS THEM TO BE CHANGED BECAUSE HE OR SHE IS IN SOME WAY SPECIAL.
12. THIS PERSON BECOMES IRRITATED WHEN OTHER PEOPLE DON'T AUTOMATICALLY DO WHAT HE OR SHE WANTS THEM TO DO, EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR NOT COMPLYING.
13. THIS PERSON REVIEWS SPORTS, ART, AND LITERATURE BY TELLING YOU WHAT HE OR SHE WOULD HAVE DONE INSTEAD.
14. THIS PERSON THINKS MOST CRITICISMS OF HIM OR HER ARE MOTIVATED BY JEALOUSY.
15. THIS PERSON REGARDS ANYTHING SHORT OF WORSHIP TO BE REJECTION.
16. THIS PERSON SUFFERS FROM A CONGENITAL INABILITY TO RECOGNIZE HIS OR HER OWN MISTAKES. ON THE RARE OCCASIONS THAT THIS PERSON DOES RECOGNIZE A MISTAKE, EVEN THE SLIGHTEST ERROR CAN PRECIPITATE A MAJOR DEPRESSION.
17. THIS PERSON OFTEN EXPLAINS WHY PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER KNOWN THAN HE OR SHE IS NOT REALLY ALL THAT GREAT.
18. THIS PERSON OFTEN COMPLAINS OF BEING MISTREATED OR MISUNDERSTOOD.
19. PEOPLE EITHER LOVE OR HATE THIS PERSON.
20. DESPITE THIS PERSON'S OVERLY HIGH OPINION OF HIM OR HERSELF, HE OR SHE IS REALLY QUITE INTELLIGENT AND TALENTED.
Scoring: Five or more true answers qualifies the person as a Narcissistic Emotional Vampire, though not necessarily for a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality. If the person scores higher than ten, and is not a member of the royal family, be careful that you aren't mistaken for one of the servants.
An Empathic Vampire is a vampire which feeds off the energies from emotions. Like all of the other types listed above, this to is another name for one who feeds on emotional energy. But the thing that sets this particular type apart from the others is the empathic ability the vampire possesses along with the ability to absorb energy. Empathic vampires are highly at risk health wise if they are not experienced enough with changing energies and such. There are many negative energies involved in empathic feeding, and if the vampire is incapable of handling them or changing them to more positive energies, they may take on that emotion as their own and even feel it 10 times more.
What Does This Have To Do With You?
What does this have to do with you? Alot probably. Because just as you might wonder if you are Clairsentient, you might also wonder about others, as well. And it is important to understand the full range of abilities and behavioral traits that fall under this category. These abilities are not limited to those who are altruistic and can very readily accompany many different mental illnesses.
An example of this occurs when one assumes that one is simply Empathic instead of such diagnosises as ADD or ADHD. There is a notably high rate of Empathic people who are diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, whether they are adults or children. But does one, such as being Empathic, nullify the other, being ADD/ADHD? Sadly, no.
Both of these issues must be dealt with hand in hand to find a healthy balance. Denial of one in favor of another simply exaserbates the problems that can arise from this combination. So it is important to work with doctors if one has a combination of issues, instead of pushing away from them in favor of new age ideas alone.