In this discussion we are going to be looking at Psychometry. There are a few wrongly made assumptions made about this particular ability that need to be straightened out by offering some clear cut information on it, starting with a few definitions. So lets get straight to it, shall we? I offer up a number of definitions for the word Psychometry to offer a wider base of understanding for what this ability means.
An Empath is a person who has an acute or highly developed sense of empathy. Empathy is the capability to share your feelings and understand another's emotion and feelings and is often characterized as the ability to "put oneself into another's shoes".
Clairsentience – Clear Sense or Clear Feeling. This is where the person feels or senses things. This can be emotional feelings or feeling physical pain that has occurred. You could always refer to this as our intuition. Although there may be no knowledge of where this feeling is coming from or who it is from, it is just simply there, it is known. This is the ability to feel what others can feel.
Psychometry, or "token-object reading", is a form of extra-sensory perception in which a psychic is said to be able to obtain information about an individual through paranormal means by making physical contact with an object that belongs to them.
Psychometry is another form of psychic divination using the sense of touch to get mental impression linked to it. Psychometric impressions may come in the form of emotions, sounds, scents, tastes or images. The visions can appear is single flat images, much like a photo, or as animations. As we exist in an electromagnetic energy reality, metal objects often work best.
Psychometry is the ability or faculty to perceive the characters, surroundings, and events connected with a person by holding an object belonging to that person in ones hands.
Psychometry is a form of scrying - a psychic way of "seeing" something that is not ordinarily seeable. Some people can scry using a crystal ball, black glass or even the surface of water. With psychometry, this extraordinary vision is available through touch.
Myths About Psychometry
~ Psychometry is the most advanced form of both Empathy and Clairsentience. The truth here is that it is simply another form of Clairsentience, because it utilizes the sense of touch with inanimate objects to discover information intuitively about a person, place, or event. To assume this is a higher form of Clairsentience denigrates the gifts of Empathy and Clairsentience.
~ Psychometry is Clairsentience, So Clairsentience is Psychometry. This is like asking 'if all ravens are crows, does that mean all crows are ravens?' Clairsentience is an umbrella term used to encompass many gifts. So while its true that Psychometry is a form of Clairsentience, it would be a mistake to assume that the only form of Clarisentience is Psychometry.
~ Psychometry is a form of Clairscentist. Clairsentist, also called Clear Scent, is the ability to smell fragrances or substances that are not near them. This can include perfumes, smoke, alcohol, food, coffee, an so on. This differs from the ability of Clairsentience, which is also called Clear Sense or Clear Touch, in which Psychometry falls under.
~ If a Psychometrist touches my things, he/she will know all of my secrets. The impressions we leave on objects in our possession are usually imprinted when we are in a state of heightened emotions, such as traumatic events or joyous ones. But this ability does not afford the Psychometrist a complete insight into a person's mind or life span. Usually it only allows them flashes or glimpses at those events where there is, as we said, a state of heightened emotions.
~ If Psychometry is a form of divination, then it is evil. The ability of Psychometry, like that of Empathy and Clairsentience, has been used, for many years, to help people. Psychics use this gift to help find missing people, solve crimes, and to offer people hope. And while it can not be denied that there are charlitans, it would be an error in judgment to assume all are frauds, that they are all out to do others harm, and that the gift itself is evil.
A Brief Psychometry Tutorial
1. Choose a location that is quiet and as free of noises and distractions as possible.
2. Sit in a relaxed position with your eyes closed. Rest your hands in your lap with your palms facing up.
3. With your eyes remaining closed, ask someone to place an object in your hands. (The person should not say anything; in fact, it's best if there are several people in the room and you don't know who the person is giving you the object.) Preferably, the object should be something the person has had in his/her possession for a long time. (Many researchers believe that objects made of metal are best, theorizing that they have a better "memory.")
4. Be still... as images and feelings come into your mind, speak them aloud. Don't try to process the impressions you get. Say whatever you see, hear, feel or otherwise sense as you hold the object.
5. Don't judge your impressions. These impressions may be strange and meaningless to you, but they might be of significance to the owner of the object. Also, some impressions will be vague and others might be quite detailed. Don't edit - speak them all.
"The more you try, the better you will become," says Psychometry - Psychic Gifts Explained. "You should start to see better results as your mind becomes used to 'seeing' the information. But you can progress; at first you will be pleased to pick up on things correctly, but the next stage is to follow the pictures or feelings. There may a lot more information that you can obtain." Don't worry too much about your rate of accuracy either, especially at first. Keep in mind that even the most renowned Psychometrists have an accuracy rate of 80 to 90 percent; that is, they are inaccurate 10 to 20 percent of the time.
How To Improve Your Psychometry Skills
Clear your head and begin meditating. Breath slowly until you are in an extremely deep state of relaxation. Forget about all of your worldly worries and concerns. You need to be in a psychic state of consciousness for psychometry to work.
To improve your psychometry skills, find objects with history that you know nothing about. Touch them until you get strong feelings - smell, sight, touch, taste, or sound. Concentrate for as long as you need to, taking breaks when necessary.
Don't force your psychic visions and feelings. Avoid putting too much pressure on yourself - just relax and concentrate. Don't get frustrated when you feel nothing. This is bound to happen sometimes; not every object has an interesting story behind it.
A Psychometry Practice Group Exercise
The following exercise is for a group of people. Group practice is best because you can all put an object into a bowl without knowing which object belongs to whom. In a new group setting such as this, try not to say anything that might make someone uncomfortable. Be tactful and diplomatic, but as descriptive of your thoughts, feelings, or symbols as possible for feedback from the owner of the object.
1. As discreetly as possible, everyone puts an object of theirs in a bowl.
2. Each person then reaches in and takes out an object that it is not their own.
3. Hold the objects in your receptive hands until you receive an impression.
Sometimes I ask specific questions such as, "Will this person change their job or career?" "Will he or she find love?" "If so when?" "Who?" What lesson does this person have to face at this time? ... etc.
4. Each person then takes a turn describing his or her impressions. Relate everything that you see in your mind, think of, hear in your head and any feelings that you have while holding the object.
5. Everyone should give some kind of feedback. Feedback is what helps us to develop your skills.