- Where do I begin?
- What's next?
- Am I really an Empath?
- Does this sound crazy/weird/odd?
- Do I belong here?
- How do I learn to control this ability?
For those who wear the mantle of the Empath, those questions probably sound a little bit familiar. Here are some basic questions you should ask yourself, if you consider yourself an Empath:
- Beyond the descriptions of empathic traits, what do you believe an Empath is?
- What impact does this have on your life?
- What impact does this have on past events in your life?
- How does this affect your relationships or lack there of?
- How does this affect your school life or work life?
- How does this impact the internal you, which you hide from the world around you?
Now, for some questions you should ask yourself about how you wish to develop your gift and what you wish to do with it?
- How is my self esteem?
- How will this gift impact my self image, my self worth, and my self esteem?
- Does this gift help bring into focus a singular purpose in your life?
- How will you go about accomplishing this purpose in your life? What steps will you take to bring your purpose from a dream to a reality?
And finally, some questions about your specific goal. These questions entail the person you wish to be, in order to accomplish your goal.
- What is the highest, brightest, most creative image of yourself that you can imagine?
- What characteristics would you have?
- What would you most ideally like to be able to do?
- What abilities would you be able to express?
- How would you ideally like others to see you?
- How would being this way change you life at home, work, and/or school?
- If you could manifest those abilities now, what are some ways you could use them to your benefit and that of others?
- How would you be able to help others without their knowing?
- What would you be able to accomplish and how would you do it most effectively?
- What new possibilities would unfold for you?
- What would you change and how would you do it?
The point of all of these questions is to help bring your journey into focus for you. When you arrive here, while its true you bring all of who you are and your own personal experiences along for the ride, you are also a blank canvas when it pertains to your gifts. It does not matter how you used them (for altruistic reasons or for personal gain) in the past. All that matters is what you choose to do with them now. So upon the blank canvas, which is you, you can choose to learn and grow in your gifts, while at the same time reaching out and helping others, in what ever capacity you choose. The only limitations put upon you, will be your own.
So here is where you begin your journey. Here is where you develop your focus, pinpoint your goal, and move forward with your growth and development. Its all in your hands.